Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day - Status of the Season Report :)

Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both went very, very well here in the Taylor household. I made a large Polish inspired Christmas Eve dinner to go with our oblatek. We had fish, potatoes, pierogies, saurkraut, polish sausage and pickled beets.

After dinner, Dave and I relaxed some and went to Mass at 9pm at St. John the Evangelist in Frederick, MD. Mass was quite lovely. We came home, visited with the family for a little while, and then decided we would open one gift each. Well, our inner children got the best of us and we ended up deciding to open all of our gifts that night, as the 24th became the 25th in the wee, wee hours of the morning.

Dave was incredibly excited to get his wii. He was really taken aback when he unwrapped the Nintendo DS, too. Still being in the wii shock, the DS was like that one final jab that lays out the boxer after a staggering hook.

This morning, I got up early to make the ham for Christmas dinner. We had ham, stuffing, green beans, fresh rolls, etc., and then we put out desserts and treats for the visit from all the family that came later in the afternoon.

I managed to miss evening prayer in all the hubbub, which is kind of a bummer. But, other than that, everything is going really nicely. Dave is exhausted from family fun and wii playing, he's dozing on the sectional next to me.

And I am writing this from my new laptop that my lovely husband gave me for Christmas! I love it!

May the peace of Christ remain with all my friends and family this season. Happy Feast of St. Stephen!

Dani

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Sounds like a very blessed Christmas! Have a wonderful new year!!

Dave and Dani said...

Thanks, you too!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the little Creamers enjoying their Christmas octave!