Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holy Men Are Just So Funny!

The other day I was watching a bit of Archbishop Fulton Sheen. He was telling a story about a woman that would hang around outside a church, and that he would talk with her and finally convinced her to come inside the church. (This is paraphrased, but the story basically went like this.) She said, "Alright, but once I get in there don't you ask me to go to confession." He said, "Alright, I won't." She was insistent. He said, "Fine, I won't ask you to go to confession."

He goes on with the story, "We went inside, and got to where we were walking past the confessionals. And I didn't ask her to go to confession. While we were walking by, I just pushed her right into the booth."

HA!

Now, I'm listening to Fr. Corapi, who is telling a story about a man who walked into his confessional and said, "Bless me father, I have no sins."

"Really?! I thought only Mary was immaculately conceived. Praise God!"




Fr. Corapi and Archbishop Fulton Sheen. You gotta love them both.

Dani

1 comment:

Therese said...

lol. I cannot remember which priest it is but I think it may be Fr. Corapi who told a story of someone that came to confession and started confessing everyone else's sins. He said you are not here to confess other peoples sins. Just tell me yours.